QNH ON-LINE COURSES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Although the Queenscliff Neighbourhood House will not be physically open to the public during the Covid-19 Pandemic, we will be operating many of our popular courses on-line through the video conferencing abilities of Zoom.
Once installed to your computer or device, you will be able to access your 'normal' classes.
Instructions on how to download and install Zoom can be found just below as a pdf.
Or you can watch one of the brief videos just below depending upon your device.
Zoom for a Desktop or Laptop: Zoom for an Android Device: Zoom for Apple Device:
Protocols for online learning using ZOOM:
- Make sure you are in a quiet place as background noise affects the sound quality.
- If you are using a computer, be sure to have your phone off so you can't disturb the meeting.
- Make sure you are comfortable - follow good ergonomic practices eg prop your device up on something so you don't have to hold it for the duration of the session, have a comfy chair, have a water bottle handy etc
- As grandma used to say - don't speak unless you're spoken to! - extra chatting can be heard by all and will slow down the session
- Be aware of how to mute your microphone as you will need to do this at some stage
Getting started with your course once you have Zoom downloaded
Your tutor will contact you shortly but in the meantime click on the link below and once classes commence a simple click on the appropriate class photo on the correct day and time will give you the opportunity to meet up. Simply click on the image at the correct time and day and Zoom will open ready to commence.